Monday, July 23, 2007

Episode 21: Overtime's a Bit... much.

Konnichiwa mina-san!

After a few 'helpful' reminders from my one and only, I have resolved to at least put up a quick update of my life during my most busy and hectic scheduled period thusfar. Yes, I'm working like a fiend at the moment, and yes, I barely have enough time to do my laundry, but at least I'm living it large, and having a good time, despite the lack of sleep/blog-updates/sanity.

... That being said, I'm not too worried about upholding my "One-post a week" motto, seeing how in just over 3 weeks, Laura will be here in Japan, and we've decided to do some blog updates together. That means, we'll probably have a lot of them, and they'll more than make up for the three week draught I've caused. If you're interested in what you can accomplish in a two to three week extravaganza through Honshu, then stay tuned, 'cause Laura and I will put in the details of our trip around here, as well as any little fun places we try out. For all I know, this could be worthy of "Lonely Planet." Just saying that gets me excited...

One thing to talk about is that I've joined a gym here in Japan. More on this later (when I finally get a single day off), but here's a quick pic of me doing some bench-presses. The gyms here in Japan are almost always expensive... but this city gym (more akin to a Rocky movie gym) is very cheap. We're talking almost as cheap as the dirt on the pull-up bar. One stamp card allows you to enter the gym twelve times... and at my current calculations, one stamp card costs $17.32 Canadian. Subarashi desu yo. (I believe that it's awesome.)

Oh, and hey, I just got an e-mail from a really nice guy that I've been e-mailing a bit over at Nova! He told me that they've decided to put my face up on the official Nova Website. Check it out, and check out the "TESTIMONIALS" page. You may just see my ugly mug talking about my experience with Nova, as well as a link to this very site.

http://www.teachinjapan.com/


Now that's exciting,

ja mattane,

-benjamin

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! ur almost famous now! (^.^)

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha! You ARE on the website now... whoo!

It begins...

Chungtron

12:17 AM  
Blogger Benjamin Lynch said...

Pretty sweet, eh? Yosh!

7:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey there! it's actually that page that lead me to your blog. random question...did you go to high school in guelph?

i lived in japan for a year before uni, and am thinking of going back SOOO i was checking out NOVA info and i know i went to highschool with someone with your name! do you have a younger brother dan?

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it is you!! just saw that you visited andrew in san fran before you left! that's awesome. i went to aberfoyle and grew up with allison reiss. and my boyfriend is good friends with marybeth, so we're thinking of hitting up san fran on our way to asia! i might wanna ask you some stuff about nova! :P

11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home