Saturday, August 25, 2007

Episode 26: Mounting the mountain

Konbanwa Mina-san!!! (Konbanwa = good evening)

So, just a quick update instead of a full blog posting, as it's 11:15 at night, and Laura and I didn't sleep last night. The reason, you ask? Well, we climbed the biggest piece of rock in Japan, a big ol' sweet mountain man, the one and only Fuji-san! Anyway, this is what dawn looks like from the highest point in Japan. (Almost 4km above sea level.)

More to come, but we're too tired to post tonight, and we're off to Kyoto tomorrow morning... followed by a few other destinations. Yosha!!!

-benjamin & Laura

2 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Hi Ben and Laura, thank you for sharing your adventures - what a wonderful blog. It took me back to when I was in my 20s and travelled and lived in Aspen for five years and then Austria for a year (this is 30 years ago!). My husband and I were recently in Japan (last May). I'm a Director of International students for a high school in Tasmania and so was there for work attending an Austrade Education Expo right around five cities. My husband's son also teaches at Nova (has done for 7+ years - Joshua or Josh, you may know him). He's outside Nagoya. Josh has a beautiful Japanese wife Shikyoko and two beautiful children (Josh is Australian). Anyway we caught up with them. We loved Japan.

Enjoy your time and adventures and again thank you for teaching these children English - teach them well so it's less work for us when they come to Australia to board and study at high school :)

Cheers
Annie from Tasmania Australia

PS Found your blog from your testimonial on the NOVA site so hopefully you haven't minded me reading through. Excellent reading! What happened to Ampersand?

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ben,
It's 11:30p.m. Sunday Dec.23/07. I don't seem to be able to sleep so I thought I'd take this opportunity to say hello and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Hope you're doing fine. Will catch up on your blog soon.
Love
Auntie Edith & Garfield
xxoo

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home