Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Bentron Finishes off San Fran... Battle Royal Style!!

Alright, now I've gotta cover some of these pics before I get to bed, but I'm getting pretty tired seeing how it's already 1:30 and I've gotta be at the airport at 7am! Argghh... why did I put off uploading these pics?! Well, I guess I can't be too made, 'cause Andrew and I were making the most of our last night hanging out. Anyway, without any further ado, let me elaborate on the awesomeness of the last couple days...

First off, let me say that I have been to a fantastic restaurant. Yes, another one. This one was the "Pork Store" a breakfast place that rivals the food of the gods... now though one review I read said that this place uses more saturated fat in each dish than you could fit in a children's wading pool, I have to say that I don't really agree. In fact, I had a fairly healthy meal prepared directly infront of my face, along with some very nice staff to keep the atmosphere delicious... I don't know what the best part of the meal was though... either the food, or possibly the one cook who was wearing a Backstreet boys oldschool T-shirt.

Oh, and here's a pic of some of the trees and vegetation scattered around the city. Pretty cool really.

This is a pic of a small castle located in San Fran... it's on Gough street... of course, it is pronounced "Goff." Weird, I know.


Hey, and here's a pic of yours truly, and Andrew having a good time by the Golden Gate Bridge. It is a HUGE bridge, and the cables used are actually made up of thousands of tiny tubes all bundled together... also, apparently there are TONS of suicides off this bridge, since the railings are only like, 3 feet tall. Sad, but still, such a cool bridge.


That same night, Drewple and myself took a ton of pics of the sunset. Sunset at the Golden Gate... oh baby. Now, that is sexy.






Yesterday, Drew and myself made our way through the San Fran China town. It wasn't as large as the one in Tokyo, but it was still really big and reallly neat. There were tons of shops, each with different specialties, and though we couldn't find the one that offered up 'naughty fortune cookies' we were still happy to see some crazy squids, etc. See that big white boat thing in that one pic? Yeah, that was carved from Ivory, and was about four feet from head to tip. It was also valued at $20,000 american. CRAZY!!!

Later, we went to the Palace of Fine Arts... which is where they shot a few scenes from Andrew's favourite movie "The Rock." He gets turned on at the thought of the movie...as I'm sure you can tell from his easily provocative pose in that pic. Of course, we made our way to the Rock as well... and you'll see those pics in a second.


Oh, and down by Pier 39, I got some pics of me hanging out with the sea lions. They're pretty cute, and I'm pretty happy to have heard them getting all crazy on the dock. I was trying to blend in...

Yeah, so back to the Rock. Alcatraz had a pretty wicked audio tour, and after ferrying our way over there, we took that and chilled out walking from scene to scene from the movie. Here's a pic of me exercising in the same exercise yard as renouned killers Al Capone, and the Birdman.

After the Rock escapade, we made our way out to the "Fog City Diner." Now, this diner was pretty cool, and there's a nice pic of me using their 'fancy' mustard, of a particularly well known name. I think that overall the food was over priced, but since it was my first Guiness of the trip, it was delicious, and so I tried to keep that in mind as I enjoyed my dinner. The Guiness tasted a little different... actually, lots of things are different down here... I haven't been able to see any MARS chocolate bars, but instead, they've got MILKY WAY bars, owned and produced by Mars, and they're essentially identical... strange.


Again, the houses here are pretty cool and very stylistic... you're pretty hard pressed to find a house that looks identical to another house, so they must have enlisted a huge number of architechts when buildling this city.

At the Embarcadero Centre, I had a delicious beer called Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, and also, it was only $3 for a pint (I went for "Happy Hour.") After walking the city for the majority of today, I have to say goodbye to the city, but I'm glad I made the trip and I'm also glad that I'm basically done this post, 'cause I'm totally exhausted.

w00t!!! SAN FRAN COMPLETE!!!!... now all I need to do is ride planes and wait for the next 9 hours...

-bentron out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home